Monday, May 4, 2009

Extra Credit 1: X-Men Origins

Ok first off, I just want to say how incredible Hugh Jackman looked in the movie. Can we all say “Yummy”? Wolverine can tear my clothes off anytime.

Reality check; minus Hugh’s amazing body, the movie was still really good and is definitely worth going to see. The movie is an action packed film and an all around great movie. The story line is easy to follow, even if you have never read the comics or seen any of the previous movies or shows. I had a little trouble remembering who was who, but I have always been impressed by Marvel Universe’s films and how well they replicate the comics, even though they are extremely predictable. X-Men Origins: Wolverine was nothing short of my expectations.

The beginning caught me off guard, set in an 17th or 18th century time frame, my initial reaction was “Woa. Wait. What?” I had no clue Logan or Victor was that old. I love reading about history, wars and all that jazz. I thought it was cool how the showed all the major American wars. You could tell the Logan was the good brother who had his powers under control and Victor, well not so much; which made the rest of the movie predictable.

When Kayla asked the man on the bridge to move, you knew right then that she was a mutant. I wasn’t exactly sure if she was evil yet, but I was hoping she wasn’t. When she actually dies it explains why Wolverine is filled with a sort of sadness in all the films and shows. I had no clue, yeah he is filled with rage but now I know it’s not because he is a beast. It is because he lost Kayla twice, both times in completely different scenarios.

Despite the predictability the movie was a good film and I would recommend it to anyone. It’s a combination of action, betrayal, love and the supernatural. Nothing gets better than that.

1 comment:

  1. When did Wolverine fight Mike Tyson? Is Tyson a mutant? That would explain a lot!

    ReplyDelete