Monday, May 4, 2009

Pass or Fail: Gasparo's Final Grade

When I first began signing up for classes, I had no idea what I was gonna take or where I what direction I wanted to go in. So I signed up for the basics, paying no mind to who my professors were. I expected Paul to be some grumpy, monotoned old man who would teach us when and when not to use a comma and all that boring mumbo jumbo.

I turned out to be wrong. Mr. G. is a young, knowledgeable, humorous professor who taught me a lot more than the "boring mumbo jumbo". His class taught me how to use rhetorical appeals to persuade people to believe, listen, or do what I tell them, whether its on paper or in actual life. I found the most valuable class to be the first class, where we had to interview another student. Yes Nick, Sal and I started a relationship and I hope we make it too. Thank you, Paul. Oh, yeah your invited to our wedding. Back to a more serious note, Paul's class taught me a lot of things all the way across the board. The biggest lesson that his class taught me is no matter how hard the work may seem it's all worth it in the end. Paul's class has given me confidence not only academically, but in my over all view of myself as a person. The only problems I faced in Paul's class were problems I created for myself, such as waiting till the day before a paper was due to do the paper.

This article is short and sweet, but there is only so much I can say about how much I learned from Paul and how awesome my time was in his class. All in all Paul's class challenging, but I look forward to having him again as a professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment